In the dead of the night, searching for his favourite dinner (rats), a snake entered into a carpenter’s workshop. As it slithered, it passed over a saw and got slightly wounded. It got angry on the saw, turned and bit the saw. On biting the saw, the snake seriously got wounded in its mouth!
Not understanding what was happening, and thinking that the saw was attacking “him”, it decided to roll around the saw to suffocate it by squeezing it with all its strength.
It ended up being killed by the saw!!!
What is the insight FOR ME from this story?
The snake represent MY EGO (anything and everything negative inside me). This includes my hurts, my fears, my jealousy, my low self-esteem, my insecurities and a few more such things.
The saw represents two things
1. When things didn’t go my way
2. When I should have changed BUT I DIDN’T want to change.
I realised that…
– My ego (the snake) wants to escape responsibilities on fear or failure.
– My ego (the snake) wants to hurt people who have hurt me or who make me feel inferior.
– My ego (the snake) wants me to pretend things will be ok and turns a blind eye to a need to change.
When I react the way my ego demands, I ALWAYS end up hurting myself MORE.
What is the insight for you from this story? Any possible solutions in mind?
Would love to know.