Lovely classification of team members based on how they reacted when encountered with a stumbling 🥴 block and the actions they took:
- Did not do anything about it till asked for a status.
- Reported it proactively.
- Found potential solutions and reported.
- Found possible solutions, identified the best solution, and reported.
- Found potential solutions, identified the best solution, implemented it(or at least tried), and reported.
Goes without saying, (1) is the most concerning and a combination of (4) and (5) as the ideal.
(5) is what ownership is all about. One of the most desirable qualities most people look for in a team member.
The interesting part is that unless this classification is explicitly laid out and communicated, many team members do not even realize that they are (1) and that is a big problem.
Looking forward to your kind comments. Even one word or an emoji is great 👍.
With love, prayers and exceptional wishes,
As I live…I learn
To have such amazing messages in your mailbox, do subscribe to us.
Do check out more videos on our YouTube channel.